Tuesday, May 10, 2016

You a Banquet


                



For Colette


Fetal cells cross the placenta
      both ways       
   
My cells and his created
 the unique person
you are
     have always been
                                     more than the sum of both of us.

And now we know
your cells swim
     in my blood     my kidneys        my liver
     in my freckled skin

Just as you have my smile
I have you deep
in my marrow

we share life
           
So on this Mother’s Day
I celebrate you
    My beautiful baby    
    My smart girl     
    Accomplished woman
          and soon bride to be

I celebrate you
     my banquet
                   of joy
                              that feeds me now


                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment